Saturday 22 August 2009

Well Done Badger

Yesterday we went to the local agricultural show. After some thought I decided that Henry and Molly would be better staying at home but that we'd take Badger as he hasn't been anywhere in the car since his multiple expeditions to the vet which have made him hate the car - can't blame him really as every time he went in it for two months somebody hurt him at the other end.

We dosed him up with anti-sickness/nerves pills, took them all for a walk to wear out Hen and Moll and let the pills take effect for Badge then off we went. Once we were there I realised this was the first time Badger had been anywhere with crowds and lots of noise so I was a bit worried it might not have been the right thing to do but he coped with it as if he goes off to agricultural shows every week.

We wandered around for a bit to begin with and then started to meet people we knew, in fact the whole day turned into one big social event as everywhere we turned we bumped into someone else we knew and it was great having a good catch up with everyone from the village and surrounding farms.

Then there was an annoucment about the dog show and I suddenly thought why not enter Badger? So off I trotted, paid my 5op entry fee and stood in the middle of the field with Badger in the puppy class trying to look as though I did this sort of thing all the time (ok I know I did it a month or so ago with Hen but that was the first time since I was about 14!). Badger took an instant dislike to a very beautiful blue coated, blue eyed dog who was fairly close to us so I edged away before anyone of importance could hear this lovely cute pup growling like a wolf.

The judges made us walk round and round the ring and then run up and down - this was the hard bit as Badge pulls like a train when he's on the lead and I've got a dodgy knee so it could all have ended up in the infirmary. Then we had to stand in a big circle while they decided who had won, and guess what? It was Badger!!! So I guess that means we officially have the best pup in the area so I'm busting with pride for him, and this makes up for all the problems and stress we've been through with him in the last few months.

Well Done Badger!

1 comment:

trash said...

My girl did something similar earlier in the Summer. One class with the puppy and the other with one of the old men dogs. Second place with the puppy amd a first with the old man.