Friday 14 August 2009

Second Day Off

Well I have another day off today hurrah! I woke up at 7am, well actually Molly woke me up with her teeth chattering and dancing around next to the bed, being very insistant that I get up, so I got up and Henry and Badger instantly sprang to life like a switch had been switched and we all bumbled down the stairs. I say bumbled as Henry shoots down the stairs as if they don't actually exist, Badger somehow slides his front paws down the stairs while his back legs propel him and Molly makes both front paws step on each stair in turn while her back paws step on every other stair. In the middle of all this is me clambering down while hanging on to the banisters for grim death hoping I wont loose my footing - yes I have tried to make them all go down in front of me but they wouldn't listen.

After letting them all out and waiting for them to come back in I promptly went back to bed. This is very rare for me, once I'm up I'm up but today I decided to treat myself to an extra 3 hours of sleep, bliss. Even more bliss was having Henry curled up beside me, a practice which is banned when Other Half is in. Molly eventually decided that lazing around in bed was not good enough and she shot up the stairs and jumped on me to wake me up, she also tries to paw you when shes being very insistant so I scrambled out of bed trying to avoid getting clawed in the head while both Molly and Henry barked at me, I was certainly well awake by then.

So what will I do with my day off? I think I'll see if my friend fancies a walk around the castle grounds with our dogs, her dog is coming to stay on Saturday which will mean four dogs running around the house. Her dog is Badgers sister, Rosie and she is lovely, very different to Badge, shes more sleek and has pointy ears and she's wriggly and affectionate and very fast!

First things first I'm just going to move very slowly and enjoy having no rush to get anywhere or do anything, after all I'm back to work tomorrow and Sunday when all of you are lazing around...

No comments: