Thursday 13 August 2009

Lovely Day

It's been gorgeous here all day. Just the sort of day to wear summer clothes, an event which if you live in the far north dosen't happen very often. If actually coincided with the unveiling of a spray tan that I had done during a girls night at my friends house last night. I came home thinking I looked all tanned and glam only for Other Half to burst out laughing at me. Rather insulted I trotted off to the bathroom and got an almighty shock, all you could see were my teeth and eyeballs standing out bright white against my somewhat Irn Bru'd skin. It did look rather funny I have to say, but thankfully most of the colour was the bit that washes off after the chemical bit has cooked you so I look far more normal today.

As well as sunshine, it was also my day off so I've spent it working in the garden, mowing the lawn three times as it's not been done for over six weeks due to rain and work stopping play, I also did some work while sitting at the garden table, again another rare occurence due to low temperatures, rain, wind and midges, thankfully none of them were around today.

Molly lazed on her bed outside all day long, alternating between the sunny bit and the shady bit as she got too hot and Henry and Badger spent most of the day wrestling, playing tug of war with bits of rope, play fighting and generally acting up like two little boys, oh and Badger decided to spend the entire time I mowed the lawns trying to round me and the lawnmower up, then when I spotted a long lost bone and flung it out of the way he decided the lawn mower was actually trying to eat his things and decided to attack it at every opportunity, not the best pastime for a puppy so I had to do a bit of shouting, then while I was distracting the boys, Molly snuck off her bed, grabbed the bone and took it back and guarded it for most of the rest of the day, good on you Molls!

Then early evening I took the dogs for a stroll along the lane while drinking in the niceness of it all, the farmer is mowing the silage, and still is at nearly 11pm and the swallows were singing as they flew about. I made two new discoveries this week, I didn't realise that big beech trees had blossom on that smells heavenly, nor did I realise that thistles smell lovely when they come into bloom. Usually I'm walking too fast or am contemplating too much to notice these things, or Henry will see a hare and start his howling barking and dancing around to try and get to it.

Now all the dogs are lazing around the living room, jostling for space in front of the log burner or takign up far too much of the sofas. A good day had by all I think.

2 comments:

MBNAD woman said...

A smashing word picture of your lovely day ... also your tandoori tan. I can see you now glowing like a female Aurora Borealis. I once managed to have stripey knees.

Mad x

Henry the Leaphound said...

Yes I have stripey bits on my finger joints, knuckles and driectly below one of my knees. If I'm standing next to a wooden fence I look ok for as long as I stay straight but as soon as I bend in any way I disappear, hahaha!