Saturday 28 March 2009

Wake up Call

For the last few weeks Other Half has been getting up at 5am for work. This means he lets the dogs out around that time for the first pee of the day.

This is not good. Dogs like a routine and if you impose one on them they soon get right into it and adopt it into their 24hr internal clock.

So, as I said, Monday to Friday they are out at just after 5am. On Saturday they aren't. But they want to go out at 5am as that's what they've been doing all week. In a misguided effort to try and let them know it was the weekend, Other Half ignored their whining from downstairs whilst I remained asleep.

At 8am he went down for a cup of coffee and on coming back up the stairs mentioned to me that 'my dog' had pee'd on the hoover.

He didn't actually do anything to the hoover, just cleaned the pee up around it and left the hoover.

Now, the 'my dog' in question here is of course Henry. And the hoover is not just any old hoover, its a rather expensive Roomba robotic hoover which works all on it's own, no human required. It's like having a lady who does come and do for you without having to leave a key or pay her. The robot hoover is my very best friend and a superb investment, how on earth could Other Half just let it sit there with the pee seaping into it? Worse still, Other Half told me that it was making funny noises and wirring a bit!

Aggggghhhhh! Out of bed I sprang and came downstairs, growled at Henry who did that funny little tail wag and sloped off to his bed. I got the screwdrivers out and stripped the hoover, cleaning it up with a collection of baby wipes and toilet paper. It's now in pieces drying out completely before I put it back together again.

If it dosen't work I don't know what I'm going to do, I'm not sure if I can claim for a new one on the house insurance or if I should raid the credit card for a new one. One things for sure, I'm not living life without a robot hoover!

1 comment:

MBNAD woman said...

Hello Henry - glad to hear you're still contributing towards domestic chaos. If you're going to pee on something, best make sure it's going to cause as much mayhem as possible.

I'm afraid I've become mad again.

http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/ftopic1345-0-asc-0.php

Spot will be coming home with me today ....