Friday 20 March 2009

Nice Quiet Routine

For the last few weeks I've been going out in the morning, either to work or the shops or on various errands that need to be done.

Because Molly and Badger are both car sick (something I need to get sorted out very badly) it's a complete nightmare to take the dogs out and about with me. Henry is fab in the car, if he's in the boot he usually stands looking out of the window and the world going by and if very occasionally he is on the back seat he actually sits bolt upright in the corner and looks down his nose out of the window, it's very funny as he looks as though he is being chauffered.

Anyway today I am in all morning, doing all those housework jobs that need to be done before the weekend and I've noticed that the dogs are all very calm and just lazing around. It's total bliss, just like it used to be when I had Ferg and Bon, the most laid back dogs in the world who basically laid around all day and night with the odd burst of mad running in between.

So am I hoping for too much to think that a sense of canine calm may be coming over our small pack? That they have all finally settled into life with each other and us and have reached that serene state of being able to lay on a dog bed or sofa and just watch whats going on instead of frantically all jumping up to follow me every time I move around the place?

I'm probably hoping for too much, I think this calm is from the recent routine of my being out every morning lately and this is what they do while they wait for me to come back, but I can dream can't I?

Right, I must get back to to doing the washing and cleaning....

No comments: