Thursday 12 March 2009

Spring Clean

I only realised the aptness of the title of this post when I wrote it, I've spent the day cleaning and tidying the house and it's spring (well just about) so I guess that means I've been spring cleaning!

To be honest, this was inspired by the carpet Badger the other day. I just had a feeling that everything had a faint whiff of dog eminating from it. This was confirmed when I put on my trusty 'round-the-house -and-comfy-and-don't-care-what-it-looks-like-fleece and it really smelt of dogs. It actually smelt more of dogs than the dogs do so into the washing machine it went and off to the cleaning cupboard went me.

To begin with I stripped Badgers cage out, put the contents into the washing machine and washed down the cage, luckily it's foldable so I popped it into the bath and sprayed it with bathroom cleaner and then hosed it with the shower.

I then went all over the carpet rubbing it again to remove another Badger and got the end of the hoover pipe and went all round the edges and under things. I also dismantled the sofas and hoovered under the big cushions, something I haven't done in a while, along with cleaning the windows. Along with all of this I dusted absolutely everywhere so now the living room is looking very spik and span.

And the washing machine is straining under the pressure, it's been washing dog beds, blankets and coats since mid morning and I still have loads more dogs stuff to do, all those fabric dogs toys that they all chew must be very stinky (I'm not going to sniff them..) along with towels and big wipe down things that i got in Tescos the other day. I'm also going to wash all the covers on the sofas to freshen them up too.

Once I've finished that I then have all the other washing to do but that's small fry compared to this marathon!

So now that I've done a days work I now have an evening shift at my real job, work as a dog owner is never finished is it?

3 comments:

Catherine Holman said...

You are definitely right about the work of a dog owner! I have a catahoula and I'm constantly trying to keep up with the dog hair. Luckily she doesn't smell or maybe I've become used to the odor. Thanks for stopping by!
Catherine

Catherine Holman said...

I forgot to ask you what the weather is like in Scotland right now. We are headed into spring with lots of wind and rain. I'm looking forward to the spring flowers though.
Catherine

Henry the Leaphound said...

I'd like to hope that our dogs don't usually smell but like you said I wonder if maybe we just don't notice it! Today the dogs are getting a bath too and then I hope my mamouth task will be finished!

The weather here is lovely today, we are in the middle of the hills of southern Scotland, about 50 miles south of Glasgow and there is no wind, no rain, no frost, there is also no sun but it's trying to peek through the haze. It feels very much like spring today, however there is no telling as yesterday was blowing like a hurricane, and last week we had a nice sunny day followed by a blizzard the next!