Friday 21 November 2008

Snow

Today it's going to snow. It was forecast and there are already little fluffs of it occasionally drifting down from the sky. Now that it's light I can see the clouds are absolutely packed with white stuff just ready to burst out like an over-bashed feather pillow in a pillow fight.

There is nothing quite so magical as dogs when it snows. Especially the moment when you open the door and they realise the world has turned white and soft. You can see their momentary hesitation in the doorway, the crinkle of their noses and widening of their eyes as they try to work out what has happened.

Then they tentatively put a paw out as if they are testing to make sure they wont sink and then they leap. And leap, and bbound and run and smile and bark and roll and leap again.

Snow and dogs is a great combination as long as the dogs stay toastie warm of course but I've never come accross a dog who dosen't love it.

And today I'm going to miss it as I'm off to the Country Living Show in the SECC Glasgow with my freinds in the village, where I will try not to spend any money and will be envious of Other Half who will be here with the dogs in the snow...

No comments: