Friday 5 December 2008

Puppy Power

Goodness it's been a while since I posted. I'll blame Other Half for bringing a puppy into our previously relaxed household.

Since I last posted the snow has come with avengance, it's brilliant and the dogs love it too. All of them keep going outside and eating it as well as running around in it and rolling about. Molly for some strange reason keeps sitting in it which must be odd as she has rather thin fur on her back legs.

Henry won't stop barking whenever he goes out, this then gets the dogs in the farm yard to bark which in turn echoes around the hills and the dogs in the next farm along also start barking.There is a cottage in the other direction about half a mile away and the dogs there have started to bark to. I wonder how far this chain of barking goes? Maybe down to Cornwall and up to Durness? I'm sure Henry knows this and does it on purpose.

Indoors, it's been the usual chaos, caused mostly by the presence of Badger. He can't be left alone for two minutes without chewing something or generally getting himself into trouble. His favourite item to chew is any electric cable. This is not good and it doesen't matter how many times I tell him off he goes back to it as soon as he thinks you've forgotted about it. He;'s also chewed almost every pair of shoes and boots belonging to Other Half, removing the insoles and biting up the laces, my wellies which is completely banned, a corner of the sofa, the kitchen table leg and horror of horrors he chewed a small hole in the living room carpet, systematically removing the fibres one by one while I was sitting next to him. When I realised I couldn't beleive it, I honestly thought he was chewing a toy or something.

Molly and Henry have also calmed down their play fighting with him. It used to be constant, all day every day, getting rougher and rougher and noisier and noisier. I think maybe my yelling at them at regular intervals may have had something to do with the better behaviour.....

So life is settling down a bit, not much but it's getting better, but three dogs is still very hard work.....

No comments: