Sunday 16 November 2008

Isn't blogging great?

Ok this is a post by me about blogging and the unexpected delights I've found in it. Over the last week of so I've clicked on the odd 'Blog of Note' at the top of the Blogger page and found some really fab blogs, the first was Back Porch Musings which is just wonderful and all about decorating and interiors. It's just like buying a really expensive magazine but without the expense or ads.

From there I found Catherine Holman Folk Art, a style I've always loved and adored. Catherine's blog led me to Nie Recovery, this I clicked on purely out of curiosity for the logo and found the most heart breaking and ongoing story of a beautiful family, the parents of which have been seriously injured in a plane crash earleir this summer. Looking at the photos of the family happy together before the accident makes it such a terrible thing to have happened.

Then on Friday night through Back Porch Musings I found Cape Cod Memories (Beachy) and oh my, clicking on this one is like spending the day somewhere truly peaceful and beautiful and once you've read it all you feel just like you've had a lovely holiday somewhere. This one is definately my favourite at the moment

So the moral of this post is about how great blogging is. It starts from a purely nosey begining right up to feeling you've found new friends even though you'll probably never meet them. And most of all it's stopped my bad habit of sneaking expensive interiors magazines into the shopping trolley!

2 comments:

Catherine Holman said...

I'm so glad you've found my blog and I also love all the blogs you've mentioned. What beautiful dogs! My dog, Annie, is mentioned along with my cats in my blog too. They are a big part of our lives.
Catherine

Henry the Leaphound said...

It's lovely to hear from you! I'm a Catherine too and absolutely love your work. I'm sure Annie is much calmer and sensible than Henry, Molly and Badger, although I'm sure serenity will return to our household once Badger gets bigger (I hope!). Catherine