Wednesday 10 December 2008

Christmas Time

This time last year Henry had only just arrived and I was somewhat worried about putting up the Christmas tree as I had a feeling he was just the sort of dog to try and climb up it with the obvious disasterous results.

Amazingly Henry took to having a tree in the living room really well, unlike Fergus he didn't pee up it (a trick Ferg learned to do without ever getting caught in the act in 14 years), nor did he steal any of the decorations from it.

The tree did fall over, but that was because it was too heavy on one side and Henry was no-where near it at the time, even though he looked incredibly guilty about it!

So now it's that time of year again and just when I thought we were out of the woods (scuse the pun) as far as dog worries were concerned, we are back to square one as we now have Badger. Badger is currently into everything. When I say everything I mean that nothing is unturned by his curiosity.

It's sometimes very maddening.

This week Henry taught Badger how to jump accross from the arm of the sofa onto the living room window sill. This is a skill that Henry taught himself and which we tried very hard to stop but to no avail. And now we have two dogs doing it. Badger has also learned not only to go up the stairs but also back down. This means that he can go up there, chew my shoes (the ones I need for work are his favourites of course), drag the clean laundry about the floor, chew anything paper and generally cause havoc and of course it was Henry who taught him to go up the stairs.

Anyway I digress, today we had a suprise delivery. It was from the people who own the forest along the track and they very kindly gave us a Christmas tree. When I found out I couldn't stop smiling, I love Christmas trees and now we have one. I'll just have to get a stand for it, preferably a Badger proof stand, that won't fall over.

I just hope that being a real tree, Henry won't feel the need to pee on it...

No comments: