Monday 27 October 2008

Wrap up warm

Today was the first day of it being cold enough for the dogs to wear their coats.

I'd like to say that my dogs have such a large selection of coats because I have had four dogs so far, but the truth is that Fergus and Bonnie the first two dogs were terribly spoilt by me, resulting in an entire canine wardrobe of coats, collars and leads. Not to mention dog toys and various other accessories.

At the last count we had seven coats, ten leads and 6 collars. All the collars came from Harrods because I used to think it was rather nice to have my dogs in posh collars with gold embossed Harrods logos inside. Now I'm too far away from Harrods to indulge. Probably a good thing for the bank balance nowdays.

When Henry came he had his own collar and coat which was really lovely of the rescue people to give him. They tried to give us a lead to but we showed them just a couple of our collection in the boot of the car and agreed we didn't need one.

So today was cold and windy and I was wearing a coat so the dogs would too and I chose their big red fleece lined coats with the lift up hoods that roll down as cosy collars. They are the only dogs in a 20 mile radius (maybe more) that wear coats round here and the farmers must think I am mad but my dogs must be warm, and someone in these parts must provide the entertainment!

After our walk (where Molly caught a mouse and ate it) we came back and I spent some time in the garden with the dogs doing the duties with the shovel.

Today whilst weilding my shovel I found a large part of the mop in one of the poos. It can only be Henry who ate it, but why?? This has to go down with the poop scooping after Henry ate the candles, that was like poop scooping poo shaped candles, no poo just wax!

Probably the best of the lot belongs to Fergus who stole approximately 30 mini chocolate bars one Christmas and scoffed them down as quickly as he could before he got caught out. After blaming other people for being greedy and eating most of the chocolates I realised who the culprit was the next morning and for a few days after as Ferg hadn't bothered to chew or take the chocolate out of the wrapper so we had lots of intact albeit melted and squishy chocolate bars still in their wrappers all over the garden!

1 comment:

MBNAD woman said...

Red-and-Gold Woman had a daft dog called Tor who sucked a string packet of chocolate coins one Christmas ... sucked all the chocolate out leaving the string bag and foils wrappers. The Princess ate a Lindt Easter bunny, complete with foil. Only left the bell. Sparkly poos for a couple of days, according to the MBNAD woman.