Friday 29 January 2010

Badger the Hoover

Right now I'm sitting in the kitchen catching up on blogs and emails and having a nice cup of breakfast tea. This is my morning routine, it would possibly be better without my lovely wee netbook as company but that's a habit I just can't break and it is pretty much the only time I go online these days.

Badger also has a morning routine. He leaps from his bed as soon as I come downstairs, runs out the back door for a wee, runs back in for his breakfast, bombs around the living room with Henry and then joins me in the kitchen while I have my porridge. This is the bit I never realised was happening until I actually watched him this morning. He walks around the kitchen floor with his nose almost on the floor, as he does this is is audibly sniffing for anything vaguely edible. When he finds that vaguely edible thing he either licks the floor or gobbles it up and goes on his way step by step. It's one of those things that you don't really notice as it's a pace here and a pace there and he's very quiet while he's doing it, today I only realised as he was licking a patch of sticky sauce that had gone on the floor for ages. It's really quite disgusting but there is an upside to it, there is never a reason to ever sweep the kitchen floor, Badger eats every crumb that lands on it so I only ever have to mop it - Badger the self cleaning dog in more ways than one!

2 comments:

Tracy x said...

i hear you lady!
six whippets = no hoover
whoop whoop
t x

Henry the Leaphound said...

I'll send Badger up to you once a week to clean up for you, he'd love that and would lurve running with your pack, trying to round them up! Hahaha!x