Friday 19 June 2009

Blogging is good for the soul

I've decided to have a post in order to entirely agree with MBNAD Woman. Blogging is great. Since I've been doing it I've found a network of other peoples blogs that I've realised make me feel happy, serene and like I've just spend time with a fabulously good friend.

Yet I have never met anyone else who blogs. Mad isn't it?

I love Mad Again. It's become a fascinating story like a wonderful novel that you can't put down but can't read more than a page every few days. MBNAD Womans other blog, Mossie, had me hooked about her tales of a gorgeous Collie-Wobble way before I unexpectedly ended up with a Collie-Wobble myself. She also seems to be a lovely person, just the sort to go on seriously long dogs walks with.

Thanks to MBNAD Woman I've added a new blog to my list of daily reads, Dagenham Dave. What can I say? I sat with tears pouring down my face when I read the first post of his blog. It took me straight back to being a child and all the mad practical jokes my brother and me used to play on my poor parents who always took it in good humour. I then went on to read about a Robin Reliant tipping over with it's two occupants still inside and had great difficulty in staying upright on my chair. I was also late for work that day from being glued to his blog, thank you so much for the best laugh I've had in ages!

Cupcakes at Home is wonderful. Tracy not only lives in the most beautiful house, it's also in one of the most beautiful parts of Scotland. Add to that her collection of absolutley delicious whippets and deerhound and you've got total canine heaven for me. Wee Pup Cricket is so lovely I could eat him! I'm also in love with Tracy's crafts, and of course envious that I never find the time to make things myself.

Back Porch Musings and Our Creative Life are two blogs from America. I stumbled accross them while looking for inspiration for my house and I'm constantly amazed by the wonderful decorative ideas these two really nice ladies have. Thanks to them I actually decorated my house for Halloween, something I've never done before but actually it was brilliant, it took away the drabness of mid Autumn and filled in the gap to Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration!

Catherine Holman paints the most wonderful folk art, I've tried this myself in more arty moments but I think I'll leave it to her, her paintings are gorgeous and so is her blog.

So that's my regular list of readings, in no particular order but one thing I can say is that reading them is a bit like going to a spa for an hour or so and coming out and feeling all happy and refreshed, thanks everyone.x

No comments: