Tuesday 5 May 2009

Normal House with no grumps

Other Half is at work.

It was very quiet.

For a while.

Until something woke Badger in his cage, this in turn woke Henry, Molly and myself.

I chose to stay in bed, I dislocated my knee a couple of weeks ago and should be re-cooperating but theres been little chance of that since I did it so this morning was the first that I thought I'd laze about and read some of my book before breakfast, a rare luxury.

Henry however had other ideas, whatever it was outside was causing him to be very concerned and it meant he had to jump on me in my bed several times to get me up. I did try to put up a bit of resistance by hiding under the covers but with a four stone dog leaping all over you and a dislocated knee I decided that there was a good chance I'd end up back in casualty so I got up.

Usually I let the dogs outside when I first get up. The run around the garden, look through the fence and over the wall, do what they have to and come back in for breakfast.

This morning though I decided to look out of the window first (I've no idea why the type has gone slopy sorry) and looking back at me was a sheep in the front garden.

So that was what all the comotion was about.

Oviously I couldn't let the dogs out into the back garden as they would run down towards the front garden and scare the sheep and all the sheep here either have lambs or are about to have lambs, the absense of a lamb with this sheep made me decide that it probably was about to have a lamb.

The sheep kept looking at me and me, Henry, Molly and Badger looked at the sheep through the window as I wondered about phoning the farmer to tell him one of the sheep was out of the field.

As we stood there pondering the farmer came along with a sheep trailer and expertly sent the sheep inside. He then explained to me that the sheep had run off from the herd as he brought them up the track and had planted (not literally) itself in the garden and wouldn't come out.

So drama over. I then let the dogs out and they all sped down the bottom of the garden to look very hard at the bit of the front garden where the sheep had been standing.

After a bit of rough and tumble in the living room between Henry and Badger they are now all asleep, Molly on the sofa, Henry on his bed and Badger somewhat bizarrely on the cold hard tiles by the back door.

It's peaceful and quiet and nothing like it is when Other Half is here.......

No comments: