Wednesday 7 January 2009

Happy New Year

Well Christmas is over and it's the New Year.

We survived the festive season without the tree being weed on once. That is amazing, since we have too dog dogs and had a real tree. I can't say the same survival statistics applied to the tree decorations though which were regularly removed from the tree and then removed from one of the dog dogs mouths. Molly strangely didn't join in the bauble chewing.

Other Half took all the decorations down before I got up on Monday morning and I came downstairs and promptly didn't notice the lack of a 6ft tree and various sparkly things around the living room. I think this lack of notice didn't go down too well but I was half asleep at the time.

I have to say that it's nice to get back to normal, I hadn't realised quite how minimalist our living room is, and it's great to be able to dust again without having to knock over loads of cards or decorations, not that I really want to dust at all but someone has to do it. The dogs did their best to help by capturing and arguing over the long duster on a stick and bending it so that it now goes very effectively round corners.

The dogs have also been trying to keep me busy by waiting until the living room is lovely and clean and then sneaking a log onto one of their beds and chewing away at it until an appropriate amount of mess is made and then getting up and leaving the log for another dog to find and take away to another bed to make another amount of mess. I'm sure they are doing this on purpose but I'm not letting them know that.

So apart from that life has gone back to what resembles normality in a three dog household and it's all a bit flat really but hey ho!

2 comments:

MBNAD woman said...

Happy New Year to Henry, Molly and Wee Pup Badger.
Sad to say that Mossie passed away on Friday 9th January.
It has been very nice sharing each other's views on the world and I look forward to following Henry's future leaping ....

Henry the Leaphound said...

Oh Mossie, we will miss you.x Thank you for your story, it's been lovely sharing your adventures.

Love Henry, Molly, Wee Pup Badger & Catherine x